June 2, 2008

EZManager is worse than I thought - don't use it to upload.

I don't think it comes as news to anyone that I think Animas' EZManager is junk. After all one of my recent Blog entries was a copy of a letter I sent them two years ago about it.

I have been trying to get the guy, Dennis, who is said to be in charge of EZmanager on the phone but he hasn't returned any of my voice mail messages.

I'll let y'all know how that works out.

In the mean time if you need to upload pump settings - DON'T DO IT. I just tried it and it didn't upload basal rates into the new pump properly. Instead of uploading the basal profile I had just saved from the old pump. It up loaded the first rate (midnight) and set the pump flat at that rate all day.

Totally unacceptable.

I entered the basals by hand. Checked a few times. Enering them by hand is a pain in the butt. Not as much as the software that is meant to do it.

I can't recommend this software to anyone. If you do use it be very careful in checking your settings. There were others, significantly less important than basals the didn't up load properly as well.

I like the Anamas pump, I like the people, EZManager is such total crapware that I think unless it is changed dramatically we will need to shop around when the warrant is up.


7/1/08 Update - A new version is in the offering. I have no idea if it is any good. see: http://ydmv.blogspot.com/2008/07/from-news-wire-animas-announces-ping.html

No comments :

Post a Comment